2023-24 Yearbook Cover Contest
Would you like to see your artwork make the cover of this year’s yearbook?
Students of all grades are invited to create a unique and original cover design for our 2023-2024 yearbook. This is your chance to show off your creative talents and become famous! If you would like to participate in this contest, please read the following rules and instructions:
The theme this year is: “Anchored in Faith.”
All entries must meet the following criteria:
- Create your design using an 8 ½ x 11 piece of white paper.
- Use a vertical orientation.
- Must include St. Hubert Catholic School (full school name) on it and the school year 2023-2024 on the front cover. The back cover does not need the school name on it, but design the back to be cohesive with the front cover.
- The student must hand draw the design and be original (Copyrighted material will not be accepted). Please use appropriate words and images (NO inappropriate symbols or language). Make sure all words are spelled correctly.
- Your name, grade, and teacher should be written on an additional separate sheet attached with a paperclip (no staples) to your entry form. Please do not autograph your artwork!
Tips for a good entry:
- Add color — paint, crayons, markers, etc. The brighter, the better!! Use “fine point” color markers for more vibrancy. Color pencils are often too light.
- The design should reflect the theme of “Anchored in Faith.” and represent the St. Hubert Catholic School spirit. Judges will seek artwork that shows originality, school spirit, theme, and genuine effort.
- Use the space on the paper effectively. Don’t waste space or leave a lot of white space.
- Front cover: Keep important elements like the school’s name, title, year, date, or any other text used at least (1 ½” inches) away from all edges of the paper.
- Background art without text can go right to the edge of the paper, but again keep anything with text or important art elements at least 1½” inches away from all edges of the paper. This is important because art will wrap the board edge of the yearbook, and we need to ensure important elements don’t get cut off or disappear around the edge.
- Only one entry per student will be accepted.
- Be creative and have fun!!
YOU DO NOT HAVE TO BE A GREAT ARTIST TO ENTER!
Entries are due by Friday, May 5th. Students can hand in their entries to their teacher or to Mrs. Veum. No late entries will be accepted for any reason.
Any questions or concerns can be directed to Emily Hillesheim at email@example.com.