HOME  |  PARISH SITE ATTENDANCE  |  CONTACT
 

SCHOOL HISTORY

The formal beginnings of St Hubert Parish occurred during 1865 in the small German Catholic farming community of Chanhassen…

1865 Beginning of St. Hubert Parish/log cabin church & school
1872 New church – also a school
1881 Two story brick building served as a school & residence for Franciscan Sister
teachers from Milwaukee
1886 Fire destroyed school, immediately rebuilt
1894 Wing was added to school / two classrooms on first floor and a hall on the
second floor.
1895 Sisters of St. Benedictine from St. Joseph, Minnesota arrived and served until 1996
1955 Decision to build new school
1956 School finished
1957 Doors open to new school
1975 New Church built
1983 School program extended to include Kindergarten, a house behind the school owned by the Parish became a Kindergarten house.
1993 Additional Kindergarten house used
1994 Shopping strip mall renovated and used as seven classrooms across the street from
St. Hubert’s for 4th-8th grades and band
1996 New construction of school, church and offices. September 8, classes began at
8201 Main Street with an enrollment of 401 students.
2003 Addition built to accommodate more students with an enrollment of 645 students
 

8201 MAIN STREET  |  CHANHASSEN, MN 55317-9647  |  TEL. (952) 934-6003  |  FAX (952) 906-1229
2013 © ST. HUBERT SCHOOL.

GoodSearch: You Search...We Give!